Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moments in my life; filling my heart with joy

“Mama,” squealed Riley, as I walked in the door at Grandma Babe’s house. I was barely in the door, when she barreled into me; giving me a big hug. Everyday Riley practically knocks me off my feet when I walk in the door at Grandma Babe’s house. Each day she has something new to share. Yesterday she wanted to share she was “6 pumpkins tall”. Most people don't typically measure height with pumpkins; however, in pre-school, pumpkins tend to be an appropriate unit of measurement. I guess when you are three years old; measuring height with pumpkins is pretty cool.
Earlier this week, Noah was talking to me while I was driving the car. The conversation went something like this:
“Mom, when I grow up, I am going to build a house right there.”   Declared Noah. Oddly enough, Noah was serious because he was pointing at an empty lot around the corner from our house.
“Okay, but why are you thinking about where you are going to live right now? You are only six. It will be awhile before you have to think seriously about where you are going to live.” I responded.
“Mom, I want to build a house around the corner from you so I can live close to you and Dad when I grow up.” Noah replied.
There are many moments in my life that bring joy to my heart. These are just two examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment