Monday, March 19, 2012

Seventeen Seconds


“Mom, will you time how fast I can ride my bike? I ate a lot of food for dinner, so I probably will have a lot of energy to ride really fast.”
“Sure!” I said, while pondering if I really should count or just day dream and fib a bit about how fast he can ride his bike from point A to point B.
“Start counting, Mom!” Noah yelled. Off he goes, faster than the speed of light. Well, not really, but it sure would be a site to see.
One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three … Yes, I really did count. One thousand four, one thousand five… I am not kidding; I really did count this way.
“Stop!” yelled the little speck, on the other side of the park, I call Noah.
“Seventeen seconds!”
A mini-arm pump, followed by an excited, “Yes, I beat my record.”
What record? I didn’t know Noah was riding to beat a record. If I recall, this is the first time we have counted how fast he can ride his bike from point A to point B. Oh well, if he is happy about it, than I am thrilled.
Tomorrow is a new day. Maybe he can try to beat his record of seventeen seconds?

No comments:

Post a Comment