Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bug Slug

“Bug slug!” announced Noah.
Laughing to myself, I stated, “I think you mean slug bug.”
“Oh yeah, slug bug is what I meant to say,” chuckled Noah.
Visions of my brother slugging me in the car when I was much younger flooded my brain. He would slug me and I would try my hardest to locate another Volkswagen Bug. Of course, in “Kim,” fashion, I was always one step behind my brother. He would spy another bug and slug me in the arm once again.
Sadly, the slug bug game would continue with me being slugged repeatedly. I would feverishly scan the streets; looking for any hint of a Volkswagen Bug. Unfortunately, I would get sidetracked while hunting for a bug and SLUG. Out of nowhere, I would be on the receiving end of another blow to the arm.
So, the question is do I elaborate and share the rest of the rules for the slug bug game with Noah? I think not because I would probably lose. I don’t have any desire to set myself up for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment